Who We Are
The mission of The American Academy of Martial Arts is to enrich the lives of the youth of the Toledo area by teaching them life skills such as hard work, self-esteem, and discipline by educating them in the Martial Arts of Akido, Ju Jitsu and the Olympic sport of Judo. Through the martial arts important values such as honor, loyalty, and respect are emphasized. Our goal is to foster appreciation and promote participation in the martial arts in order to keep our youth positively engaged while avoiding drugs, gangs, and other illegal activities. It is the aspiration of The American Academy of Martial Arts to provide the necessary tools to the youth we serve to help build the solid foundation needed to become productive members of society.
- Promote the Martial Arts to the youth of Toledo and surrounding areas.
- Give special attention to the disadvantaged and underprivileged youths from the local area.
- The program shall be administered by volunteers.
- The program shall be conducted year round to keep at risk youth off the streets.
- Teach self-confidence and self-discipline which will remain with them throughout their lives.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ's
What does your organization do?
Our organization raises awareness and helps people affected by our cause through extensive programs and services. For a list of specific programs and services we provide, visit our What We Do section.
How can I get involved?
We’re always on the lookout for individuals like you wanting to get involved. Visit our How To Help section to find out ways to donate or volunteer.
If I were to donate funds, how is my money used?
We have a responsibility to our community and our donors and work hard to ensure long-term sustainability of the organization. We make our IRS Form 990 available for review, as required by law.